Convert Several formatted Word docs (about 40 pages total) to HTML pages.
This will be easy for you, if you know what you're doing! There are a few things we are looking for:
1. We will be using the html docs you provide to create and merge data from a MySQL database with html pages to produce final output. So, in other words, data a user inputs into a MySQL database will be merged with the html docs you create, so they can be printed from within the browser.
2. Pages must be created so that there is no "over-run" of copy to a subsequent page. In other words, all copy on page one should stay on page one when user prints his docs.
3. Therefore, formatting is important. Pages must be programmed for proper margin, type size, etc. so that the resulting pages print reliably from browser in a Windows environment.
4 "Headers" will be used at the top of most pages
5. Users will want the bottom of most pages numbered, so, insutructions will be necessary to help users to get their docs to print with page numbers.
6. We looked at doing this using pdf files as the output file. This was rejected as too expensive and too complicated. (Most users will be unable to make any changes in the resulting document.)
7. If our user is too inept, we can create the docs for the user (after he has input the data.)
8. There are about 40 pages that need conversion. These will be supplied to you in MS Word, correctly formatted.
9. We will supply users with all sample pages correctly formatted in pdf files. This way the user will be able to see (approximately) what his pages are supposed to look like.
10. $2000 has already been spent on the system for admin staff and users to create current and new docs and print those "merged" docs.
11. Samples of all MS Word docs provided for final quote, upon request. (Sample in zip folder is attached.)
1) Complete and fully-functional working html pages that will print reliably from Internet Exporer browser in the following OSs: Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP etc., as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows:
Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment. Deliverables must come close to matching the look of the formatted Word docs provided.
3) If directions are needed for users to get the desired output, (including numbered pages) then a short list of step by step directions should also be provided. (Example: printer setup).
4) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Should run in all 3.0+ versions of Internet Explorer and Netscape, Linux.