**Spec for Webcam Recorder Utility**
This project will be easy to do for someone who knows what they are doing and have experience working with webcam capturing and uploading files.
My goal is to develop a web-based or standalone software application that will allow users to record video using a simple webcam and save the file to any FTP site.
I'll entertain the thought of developing this product as a standalone program if it is not possible to accomplish these goals in a web environment.
If you feel it appropriate, please provide an estimate for both versions (web, standalone).
Ideally, I want the utility to work with both Mac and Windows PCs. I believe Flash is the most appropriate tool for creating this product but I'm willing to look at any alternative or suggestion you may have.
Visit this web site for a basic example of what I want to accomplish: [[url removed, login to view]]
Here are some of the key differences from the Userplane product:
1. I want the addition of a "teleprompter" (see below)
2. I do not want to store the final videos on my server. Instead, the user enters FTP information and the video is transferred to that account
3. This utility (if web-based) will be incorporated into a "members" web site and user records and entries will be managed by a membership system
The attached .zip/PDF document describes in detail what I wish to receive including screen captures. Please contact me with any questions you may have.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
The attached document describes exceptions to this, including the usage of "FCKeditor" or an equivalent.
Ideally, this product will run on a standard Red Hat Linux server.
In the event this product needs to be written as a standalone desktop application, the ideal environment would be Windows XP and if possible, Macintosh.
The product must work with standard, generic webcams. I'm most concerned about Logitech support.
The Mac platform is not a requirement, but a "nice to have". I'm willing to treat the Mac implementation as an add-on.
I expect the user interface to be tabbed and follow the program flow described in the attached document. I'll provide a user interface in graphical format that follows the description above.