I need a small, very simple program for mobile phones. I generally distribute and market programs for Series 60 phones, but I believe this project could easily be built using J2ME.
What I need is a calendar type application - The user would open the app, enter two values (one is a date, the other a number) and from that data, the user would generate a calendar with certain days highlighted based on a very simple formula.
1) Abiity to modify the two data entries
2) Calendar view with color coding dates and small icons
3) A global indicator icon will need to be present on the main phone screen if possible which will be triggered by certain dates (this is where we may be limited by the J2ME but I'm not sure. It's definitely possible on Series 60 phones)
4) The program will popup a screen to notify the user of the date
5) Autostart (run in the background) function
To be delivered:
Fully compiled progam
Integrated EULA (I'll provide)
Help Screen (instructions - I'll provide)
I need a team that can make the program visually appealing, even though there really isn't much too it, and be compatible on as many phone models as possible.
With your bid, please send me examples of your past work in this area as well as what phone models you think we can get this working on as well as your opinion on a global status indicator using J2ME. If J2ME won't cut it for the global status indicator, please let me know what the added cost would be to build a J2ME version and port that to Series 60 with that addition included.
The winning team will be provided with detailed program spec, however the above outlines everything that will need to be accomplished, it's really that simple.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
J2ME - Series 60 (Symbian) - Mobile Phones