We are looking for someone to write a string-processing program for XML files.
The current process requires a lot of manual intervention on files that are loaded daily. We want to build a program that will automate most of the current manual activity.
The program will work as follows:
1) The program will read in an XML file specified by the user.
2) The program will look for XML records in the file with certain string patterns and replace them with a new pattern.
For example: <TRAN><NAME>XYZZZ#3981110 1-600-122-1<MEMO>39892INVOICE #4247</TRAN>
would become: <NAME>XYZZZ<MEMO>3981110 INVOICE #4247<MEMO></TRAN>
3) The program will repeat this process for the number of defined string patterns.
4) The program will generate a revised version of the XML file.
The program must:
1) Be run self contained on the desktop. The information in the XML file is sensitive and should not be transmitted over the web.
2) Run without a bunch of DLL files etc. Preferably from a browser.
3) Have a GUI that allows the user to:
a. Specify the location of the XML input file
b. Specify the location of the XML output file.
c. Allow modification of the string patterns.
d. Start the processing.
4) Have some sort of licensing platform built in.
5) Be able to run on Microsoft operating systems from XP up.