We are looking to have a website built for us in Joomla. We will be providing all the templates and purchase any off the shelf modules/components. The website might require the bidder to develop some Joomla modules, components, extensions or other Joomla add ons for the successful functioning of the website.
Please read the detailed requirements for complete details on what we are looking to have done.
If you have any questions or concerns then please feel free to contact us.
1. We are looking to build a website that will provide users information on global higher education.
2. The website will be built in Joomla.
3. We have already purchased the hosting and domain names
4. **The winning bidder will be required to sign an NDA**
5. We will provide the written content/stock images for the website.
6. The website should be cross browser compatible
7. We would require you to assemble the website for us and implement all modules/components and extensions so that the website works perfectly. There would be some instances where you would have to design/build a new component/module.
8. For the specifications we have included links to the official Joomla site where modules are available which can fulfill that specification.
9. We will purchase all the needed modules and templates and provide them to the developers.
10. Some of the available modules may not exactly match our requirements. In this scenario we will discuss with the developer a way to find a balance between available features and our requirements.
**11. ** **Since Joomla is a CMS, the Admin backend is already provided with a way to manage each component. Subsequently, there will be no need for a specialized Admin area.**
12. Website needs to be secure, no injection attacks, brute force attacks, **SSL if needed**
13. **The website should be clean and simple to be able to run on low end DSL connections**
14. **The website will be built in five milestones**
a. **Milestone 1:** Setup of the website, template and the basic areas. This is setting up of the website shell so to speak.
b. **Milestone 2:** All features of unregistered users **except** specialized search
c. **Milestone 3:** Specialized search component and all components that need to be custom built.
d. **Milestone 4:** All features for free registered users
e. **Milestone 5:** All features of premium users.
# Requirements Specification
### Unregistered Users
Unregistered users are general visitors to the website who have not paid to become members. Their requirements are specified below:
1. The user is able to perform a specialized search
1.1 Users can browse via different categories
1.2 We already have a MySQL database in place with this data in it.
1.3 A Joomla module will have to be built for this.
1.4 We would like to use AJAX and have a feature similar to Google Suggest.
2. Users can register for membership to the website
2.1 This feature is to use a CAPTCHA image module.
2.2 Residents of certain countries should be able to view their price of membership in their local currency
2.2.1 For this a conversion module can be used to show the price in the local currency after conversion from US dollars.
2.2.2 <[url removed, login to view]>
2.2.3 <[url removed, login to view]>
2.3 Have the ability to read through terms and conditions for membership
2.4 Users can pay using PayPal
2.4.1 <[url removed, login to view]>
2.5 Users can receive an email notifying them of their account creation. A link will be provided to click on and activate the account.
2.6 User will receive an email notifying them of their account specifics.
3. Ability to login to website as existing members
4. Ability to view/click on advertisements
4.1. <[url removed, login to view]>
5. Ability to view general pages such as contacts page etc.
6. Ability to view/use news ticker
7. View previous contest winners
8. Ability to retrieve forgotten password
### Paying Registered Users (Premium Users)
These users are **paying** members of the website. Apart from **all the features of unregistered users and free registered users**, these are the additional facilities a registered user will have:
1. They have the ability to participate in a quiz
1.1 Users can enter a quiz, view their past quizzes, submit their answers before a deadline
1.2 <[url removed, login to view]>
2 Maintain a database listing, probably a table which shows all premium users and their membership details
### Free Registered Users
These users are registered users who can register on the website for free. They have all the privileges of unregistered users, but not those of premium users.
1. All registered users will automatically be entered into our mailing lists
2. Users will periodically receive emails notifying them of quizzes, offers, membership renewals etc.
3. Each email will contain a link to their account settings page where they can unsubscribe/subscribe from the mailing list.
4. Users will have access to a "**Account Settings**" page where they can manage their accounts
5. A user will have the ability to logout of the website.
6. A user will have a "**Messages Inbox**" where they communicate with **ALL** members of the website.
6.1. There should be a link for users to report another member for spamming etc.
6.2. <[url removed, login to view]>
7. The member area will have a clear display showing any new messages
8. The member area will have a clear display showing status of current/upcoming contests
9. Logged in registered users have the ability to save their searches
9.1. They also have the ability to remove a search from their favourites list
10. All users whose membership was not renewed will have their accounts blocked
[url removed, login to view] the user pays their membership renewal fees, then their accounts will be unblocked
11. Users can see in a clear dialogue box and via messages/emails their next renewal date
12. These users can write to forums
[url removed, login to view] standard feature with Joomla
13. These users can write blogs
[url removed, login to view] standard feature with Joomla
14. These users can link their profiles to social media
14.1.<[url removed, login to view]>
15. Users can upload just a profile picture
16. Users can have a basic profile
# Your Quote
In your quote please include:
1) Pricing. **A lot of what we are asking comes inbuilt with Joomla or their modules are free. We request you to give us a fair quote which takes into account the developers tasks for building some custom components as well as putting together all components and the template into a working website.**
2) Timelines for completion
3) If you would require to build some custom components
4) Links and descriptions of previous Joomla components and websites you have worked on.
5) Rough breakdown of your quote. That is, how will you do your cost assessment? This should include the breakdown with regards to the milestones and what is the cost of each milestone.
6) Will you include any support in your cost?
**We would require the developer to give us constant feedback in the form of milestone reports about the progress of the project, apart from the mandated vworker weekly reports.**
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Friday Jun 10, 2011 9:24:01 AM:
Hi All, Thank you for bidding on my project. I will be deciding on a winning bid over the weekend and would like to request all bidders, to provide any further information they would like or that which I have requested, asap. Thanks once again. Regards
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Wednesday Jun 15, 2011 6:55:59 AM:
Hello Everyone, I would like to begin by thanking everyone for their bids. However, I have come to the conclusion that this project is too large in scope and it would be better to split it into smaller projects. I would request everyone to follow the following link [url removed, login to view] and post their bids for the first phase of the new project. I apologize for any inconvenience and I am looking forward to your bids. Regards