The following document is an overview of some of the features that we hope to include in the CLife project. This is not an exhaustive list. It is our intention that those involved in this project will provide additional input that will help refine this list to help create a better final product.
A current Mock-up of [url removed, login to view] is accessible at: [[url removed, login to view]].
User Id: clife, Password: clife
This Mock-up is subject to change, but is a fairly good representation of the finished product. Some areas that need design work include the menu structure and the profile layout.
We are considering using a MySQL database operating in a Linux environment, but are open to other options.
- Self-perpetuating, on-line, international community.
- promoted primarily by its users rather than through un-solicited email and paid advertising
- the "Community" side will remain free for any user who creates an account that contains a minimal amount of information.
- the "Dating" side will offer a free trial period after which users must either promote [url removed, login to view] or pay for using certain "Dating" features.
1. Multilanguage Support ??" static page content will be offered in an expanding number of languages
2. Home Page ??" News section, Featured Profiles, Update Statistics, Special Offers
3. Three levels of Profile Access ??" Members control what profile details users can see in three levels Everyone (available to all), Acquaintances (requires permission), and Friends (requires permission)
4. Administrator defined profile ??" ability to add/change/delete profile categories and details
5. User configured Preferences ??" email options
6. Profile Access Request ??" for the above. Requires user action to enable access. Optionally contacts user of request via email.
7. Upload photos ??" using an on-line photo editor that can crop photos and make the thumbnails that can be displayed in search results.
8. Instant Messaging System between users ??" similar to system used in [url removed, login to view]
9. Send smiles ??" system tracks smiles sent and received.
10. "Add to Friends List" ??" make private notes about profiles
11. Who is online
12. On-line Chat
13. Message Builder ??" create and save reusable message templates.
14. Autoreply ??" to member messages (by Everyone/Acquaintances/Friends)
15. Watchdog ??" report abusive users to a central report system. Users will be disabled after "n" number of unique complaints
16. Membership options ??" 1) Free for "n" days 2) Full ??" one, three, and six month memberships 3) Network - receive credit for referring friends. System allows users to send five different message types to contact potential members (Personalized, Secret Admirer, General, My Church, New) and track feedback 4)Advertising ??" receive credits for traffic directed to [url removed, login to view] from other web sites 5)Partner ??" a two-tiered MLM structure that allows users to make money on this site through a life-time membership program 6)Credits ??" we are considering dropping this option 7)Affiliate program
17. Search by distance in North America ??" by zip/postal code
18. Search by 1)Profile name 2)Postal/zip code 3)Keyword 4)Customized search (using profile criteria) 5)Dynamic Search ??" an internal approximation using administrator defined criteria
19. Integrated with online payment solutions (such as PayPal, merchant VISA) ??" payments must be able to go both directions
20. Send emails to users with unread messages
21. Interest Group ??" created by full members only who also moderate the group
22. Classified Advertising section
23. Humor Section
24. Administration ??" current statistics, mail activity and response, financial information.