Looking for a competent individual for long term collaboration.
Please DO NOT bid unless you have at least 2-3 years of REAL world experience.
Please DO NOT show us demo sites as your portfolio.
We are a live site, in the community/social networking industry.
Improvements/features/changes to be made on a regular basis.
Looking for an expert PHP/MYSQL/LINUX developer to take over our current developer.
- Must be able to work at least 3-4 hours a day. (40-80 hours per month)
- Must be able to discuss tasks/projects IN DEPTH with us.
- REGULAR communication is a TOP priority.
- Must be contactable by MSN, Yahoo or ICQ for discussion.
- Must check email many times in a day so that turn around is fast.
- If you are contactable online the whole day (flexibility), it will even be better.
- Must be able to take over existing code done by earlier developer and continue from there. Current code is of decent quality.
- **technically very competent** so as to handle the various tasks/projects (big or small).
- able to do a **THOROUGH testing** whether it is a new implementation or a bug-fixing.
- able to give recommendations of the possible implementation methods, and why a particular method is most suitable. We will then make a decision based on your recommendations. Therefore REGULAR communications is a MUST.
- someone who can take charge of the projects. If we are not clear in our specifications due to our lack of knowledge, he must be able to foresee it and clarify with us before proceeding. Must get our approval for the important decision making.
- Will be required to sign NDA
- first few months will be intensive for you. Lots of tasks for you. Therefore you must be competent.
Please tell us the following
- do you charge by hourly rate or project basis for such long term jobs
- what are your working hours like, when you are contactable
- how we can communicate with you when projects are ongoing
- your experience with php templating systems
- which editors/ide and version you use for php
- your experience with community websites/ database intensive / search intensive websites
- Show us relevant past website projects done. Live ones please. NO demo sites. Please tell us your involvement in each of the projects.
- are you able to give us references? We will contact them directly.