You must know very well:
Firewall for FreeBSD 4.9.
1. I need to configure the firewall for FreeBSD server.
2. I want to configure email server ( Postfix ) with virtual emails tables.
3. I want to be able to connect to my email server through Outlook and retrieve emails securely.
4. All emails should be stored on the server unless I delete them manually through the client or on the server directly.
5. Email server should be securely configures so that relay is not permited and noone outside the network sends spam through my server.
6. I need to implement logging for emails and server access.
7. I wnat to use cron jobs to send me statistical information about my system and its performance on a daily basis.
8. I want to keep the server up to date on PHP, Perl, Python, Apache, MYSQL, PhpMySql and others.
9. Each requirement above should be in written form well documented and explained.
10. Tutorials and other resources should be suggested for a better understanding of the concepts we are working on.
From the moment the project starts, I need to be able to communicate with you every other day and this is a requirement. Breaching this requirement will NOT satisfy the requirements of the project. I plan to spend 14 days going over things that we need to do and after then 2 days to test the setup and make sure all is done.
I am a computer programmer myself so your knowledge must be presented in the best interest of making sure my setup works well and is secure. At the same time as I check your suggestions, I will want to learn most about Unix, Postfix and the firewall setup.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
FreeBSD 4.9 or FreeBSD 5.3 if you recommend the upgrade.
Postfix ( recent production version )
Firewall ( help me choose the right one )