We have the following challenge:
1.) VB 2010 Windows application; users log on-to through a webserver-call.
2.) At the web-server (Coldfusion MX 7.2 witu Bouncastle encryption classed installed) after a first-time login a public/private key pair is generated (so each user has his/her own pair)
3.) Private and public keys must be stored as text in database
4.) Public key is returned to the VB2010 client; there it must be used to encrypt local data in local database.
5.) At intervals, the (encrypted) data from database is sent to server. There the server will decrypt the data and append to it's own aggregated database.
What we need:
1.) Create ColdFusion functions (or Java function wrapped in CFC class) that
* created the public/private key
* can convert the public/private key so it can be stored in database
* can re-create the public/private key object based on the private/public key text from database
2.) Create VB.net (vb2010) function that
* Accepts the public key received from Coldfusion serve webservice call
* Converts this to a Vb 2010 public key object
* encrypts a given piece of text (not limited by size) with the public key