High level description:
PHP AJAX JQUERY HTML5
A simple tool which will allow the uploading of drawings, the selection of a scale, the measuring of points (as per specified) the Annotation of drawings with callout boxes etc, the overlaying of multiple mark-ups.
High level flow:
Measuring and annotating images:
Step 1. User selects a CAD file, PDf, image files
Step 2. User performs the following points and 'save' which will create an XML of the Mark-ups and any measurements determined bellow.
There should be a single list of items which shows the uploaded and annotated images.
There should be a basic ability to select multiple images and overall the Annotations (Point 13 bellow not measurements)
1. Measuring travel distances from one fire exit to the next fire exit. This would require measuring through furniture and around walls which is never straight from point A to point B; (flexible ruler tool)
2. Measuring distances of external walls to the side boundaries on the site plans, this would require measuring from 0 to 360degree angles as it is critical to measure buildings that are less than 3m to the boundary and 6m to boundaries; (flexible ruler tool)
3. Measuring the height of the building and height of floors and able to move the arrow at different degrees and point its never a straight line; (flexible ruler tool)
4. Measuring the floor areas example of basement which must not always be square shape, we would need to run the arrows around the whole perimeter of the building to determine the floor area of the building to see if hydrants are required, if mechanical ventilation is required in basement so on; (flexible ruler tool)
5. Measuring of sections of the building, example a disabled toilet to see if it is built to the standards and if the plans are accurate; (ruler tool)
6. Measuring the external balcony distances to work out spandrels coverage between floors, this is never always straight always; (flexible ruler tool)
7. Need the function of the line being able to measure horizontally and vertically are different angles; (flexible ruler tool)
8. Measuring sections of the stairs to determine the riser height of the stair treads and going size, this would involve horizontal and vertical line measuring of the element; (flexible ruler tool)
9. Measuring height of external balustrading to the balcony to ensure it is 1m in height and measuring the gaps of the balustrading to ensure it is less than 125mm. Vertical and horizontal measuring required; (flexible ruler tool)
10. Measuring coverage of fire hose reels/Hydrants throughout the floor area of the building, this would mean measuring throughout all walls, furniture and any objects and it will not be a straight line measuring it will need to run and go through from point to point at different degree measuring; (flexible ruler tool)
11. Measuring spacing of the sprinklers on the elevation drawings, including emergency lighting and exit signs, this could be straight measuring but might involve going at angles also; (flexible ruler tool)
12. The scales in the measuring tool must be 1:5, 1:20, 1:50, 1:75, 1:100, 1:150, 1:200, 1:300, 1:400, 1:500, 1:1000 as required by the architectural drawings done by the architects;
13. Highlighting and annotation tools (different colours)
Ultimate acceptance will be based on the ability to:
1) Add an file (as per outlined intially) to the site
2) ability to set the scale of the image
3) ability to create measurements (which will automatically place the actual measurement on screen on the same line)
4) ability to add annotations, call-outs, highlights
5) ability to remove measurements and annotations
6) save the details related to the image as an XML file
7) ability to view the image with annotations and measurements
8) ability to upload more images and similarly add notes/measurements/etc
9) ability to compare two images with the base image being the uploaded file and annotations being from multiple images.