I need to design a DPSK transmitter, and three different channels for my assignment. The simulation has to be designed in matlab without using any matlab functions from the communications an signal processing toolboxes. This includes a full writeup of the report.
The tranmistter specifications are:
data rate: 2400bps
sampling frequency: 48000Hz
IF carrier frequency: 9600Hz
RF carrier frequency: 433MHz
Modulation scheme: Differential Phase Shift Keying
Signaling frame format: (at least 10 subsequent frames required)
The transmitted signal is a repeated string of 80 8-bit ASCII characters which corresponds to a total of 640 bits. The first four characters at the beginning of each frame, that is '++++', are to be used for frame synchronization. The remaining characters should be a random text message.
The transmitter tasks to be designed in matlab are:
- A generation of at least 10 consecutive frames of the transmitted signal.
-Computation of the power spectral density (PSD) of the transmitted signal.
There are then three different channels to be implemented.
-AWGN: SNR=0-12dB in steps of 1dB
-Rayleigh fading channel:
- Doppler spread: 10Hz
- SNR=0-40dB in steps of 5dB's
-Ricean fading channel
- Doppler spread: 10Hz
- Ricean factor: 1
- SNR=0-40dB in steps of 5dB
The tasks required are,
- Generation of Rayleigh/Ricean fading envelopes using the white Gaussian noise filtering method for both the specified Doppler spread and SNR values, as well as for the required Ricean factor. For the filtering, a 10th order filter should be employed.
- Multiplicative baseband mixing using in-phase and quadrature mixing methods.
- PSD computation of the fading envelopes for both rayleigh and Ricean fading.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
it needs to run on Windows XP, using matlab 6.5