I need a VB6 application to send/receive SMS through cell phone.
There will be two components-
**1.** **ActiveX DLL** - it will handle all the tasks of sending/receiving SMS
**2. GUI** - it will make use of that ActiveX DLL
1. Application should be able to work with vast majority of phones from Nokia, SonyEricsson, Samsung, LG etc. and different type of cables (supported by those phones).
2. Should be able to send SMS in bulk (e.g. 5000+ at once).
3. Each setting should be configurable like operator's SMS center number and other settings (i do not know what we need to configure, you will tell it to me).
4. DLL Should tell status of each sms send as Success/Failed/Network problem etc so that we can log it into database and can try again later. You will develop mechanism to get status of each sms send either one by one or in bulk.
5. There should also be a flag to turn status requirement ON/OFF so that when we do not need SMS send status we can easily thun this feature off.
6. It should accept a single number, a list of numbers (as collection or ADO recordset or any other method that you think is better - but tell it to me before using any other method)
6. Do not Use any third party DLL, OCX etc.
7. Code should be clean and well commented and should follow coding standards in naming controls/variables/functions/subroutines etc.
You will also suggest me *cheapest* phone from nokia that i will purchase to use this application. And also tell me what type of cable that phone will require.
If you could provide me list of phone that it can support then it will be a plus but not necessory.
I will prefer coder who has already worked on similar type of project. So please reference your work and if possible provide a demo of your work.
Thanks and happy bidding.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Visual basic 6
Windows Me, 2000, Xp, Vista