I need a VB 6.0 program that will:
1) Create/ edit/ delete a database of rectangles. The program will accept and store in the database a distinct nickname for each rectangle, along with length and width. The unique nickname will serve as a key for the rectangle database.
2) If rectangles exist in the db, then allow the user to select a specific one, from a drop-down list of the nicknames stored in the database.
We must then display the area ("A") of that rectangle, and let the user input any number "x" from 1 up to the value of "A" (other numbers not accepted); and also accept an optional comment.
We must then draw a printable diagram of the rectangle showing the location of block "x" as a red square, with optional comment printed neatly below the rectangle. For example, in a 5 long x 10 wide rectangle, the blocks would be numbered:
If the user selected block 32, then the program must draw (in a new area, printable by itself) a rectangle of the proper proportions (in this case, for example, .50 as high as it is wide). The rectangle should be of the max size as to print on no more than 2/3 the width of a sheet of paper, and taking up no more than 1/3 of the vertical height of a sheet of paper. It should print as a simple rectangle, clear black border, white interior, not divided into units, and centered horizontally on the page.
The location of the selected block within the rectangle must be marked fairly precisely by a solid red square, as wide and as tall as 1/10th of the smaller side of the rectangle.
The comment should be printed below the rectangle; with everything neatly printable on 1 sheet of paper.
The program needs to validate the data, be free of bugs, and be ready in 1 week. Please do not bid if you cannot meet these specs and this time frame.
Thanks for your attention and your bid!
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as the complete VB 6.0 source code of all work done. Program must be done in Visual Basic 6.0.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Complete ownership and distribution copyrights to all work purchased.
Any widely-used version of Windows.