We are hosting various websites using IIS 5 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server. After a website is up and running, it suddenly goes offline on its own. When I try to start up the site again in IIS, I get this error: "Address already in use."
In Event Viewer I see:
1) The service could not bind instance 10. The data is the error code.
For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at: [_[url removed, login to view]].
2) The server was unable to register the administration tool discovery information. The administration tool may not be able to see this server. The data is the error code.
For 1) At first I thought this was a port issue so I installed Active Ports to see if there is another application using port 80, but I didn't find any other application.
-> this server has 2 network cards, only 1 has a cable plugged in and is enabled. The other network card is disabled.
I really don't know what else to try. When IIS goes down, the only way to get it back up is to reboot the server. I will give you access via PCAnywhere to try to fix this problem remotely. Please provide details on how you plan to solve this problem. **The coder with the best answer will be chosen for the project.**
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
4) A signed non-disclosure agreement (NDA) will be required before payment will be made.
Windows 2000 Advanced Server, IIS 5, PCAnywhere