So here is the scoop. I bought a piece of Auction software from a person relatively cheap.
When I tried to install following the instructions to the letter I got many errors.
I contacted the person I bought it from and he tried to fix it for one day but then made up a lame excuse and said I gotta go and wont be around for a long time, basically leaving me with a non working software !
Needless to say I'll never do business with him again !
I contacted my server folks , they were so very kind in tryng to help me and I thank them for all they tried to do but they came up short and said my best bet would to be to come here and post to try to get a quote of how much it will cost.
If it costs too much I will just stay with a freebie one im using for now but i would really like to see this workingas it seems to be a much nicer sleek auction software than the one Im using.
Almost all of the code is there with some mysql inconsistencies and whhat appears to be some missing tables or something. Im no expert by no means in this area. so let me post the letter here which may explain it better that i got from my techs :
*** Hello John,
I am writing you in regards to your Auction PHP script. Allow me to describe the further investigations and adjustments that have been performed.
Usually changes to custom PHP scripts are considered a development service. But we decided to make an exception this time for you because you are a loyal customer of ours.
You can find a test installation of the script in public_html/test-auc/auc/. The installation script was run successfully in this instance of the software. It uses the MySQL database (
I will now provide you with a complete description of the changes that have been made to perform this installation.
In order to perform the installation process, the following change has been made to the MySQL query execution part of the code:
timestamp (14) has been changed to timestamp in each MySQL query that includes this column in install.php.
After that the installation process was executed smoothly with no error message from those mentioned in your first update.
Then we attempted to create a user with administrative privileges but the data wasn't stored properly in the MySQL database.
We then tried to login with the new user but the application showed an error about incorrect login credentials.
You can also have a look at the login page on your original installation and the login page of the instance we created for testing purposes.
[url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view]
We have performed a detailed audit of the script that returns those error messages in your original installation (public_html/auc/include/[url removed, login to view]).
The script has been made to use PHP files from a non-existing includes folder in the same directory. We modified it to search for the files in the existing includes folder in the upper directory.
We have also checked the error logs for entries about the register form script ([url removed, login to view]). There were no error messages found for this PHP script.
You can contact the developers of the application for further investigation or alternatively hire a developer from one of the popular websites for such services ([url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view] or [url removed, login to view]).
Technical Support Team Member ***
Now here is the front end link : [url removed, login to view]
When you click register, you'll see what happens.
So basically , I have this software in a zip file and i would like to know what the cost would be to get this to be a working piece of software.
One that functions as it is supposed to with registration , adding bids , notifying winners etc etc etc ,
My budget is extremely limited but it appears to me that this may not be something difficult for a person who has knowledge of MySql , PhP and writing tables, considering what I have seen work with this software, so far.