I am building a Wordpress plugin and need someone to add some custom fields to existing pages in the admin area. The functionality needs to be built into the plugin. Project requirements are below:
1. Add 'Stats' field to plugin options page.
- This field will allow the user to enter the stats they want to track within the plugin.
- It is similar to the ACF repeater field: [login to view URL]
- User can click a + button to add more stats, or - button to remove stats
- These options will be used later in the plugin
- For each 'row' the user creates they need to enter: Stat Full Name, Short Name
- The functionality is similar to the attachment 'stats-table'
2. On the Custom Post Type 'Players' add a 'Team' field
- This field allows the admin to select which team a player belongs to
- Similar to the ACF Checkbox field: [login to view URL]
- The options will be populated by the custom post type 'Teams'
note: if you think this field would be better as a 'relational field' it can be built that way instead of checkboxes
3. On the Custom Post Type 'Teams' add a 'Players' field
- This allows the admin to select which players are on the team
- Similar to the ACF Relational Field: [login to view URL]
- It's the same values as the previous field, just controlling it from a different place
- ie. If a player is added to a team through this field, then in field from #2 above the checkbox next to that team would be selected.
- The available values come from the 'players' custom post type
- Needs the ability to search available players like in the ACF Relational field type
4. On the Custom Post Type 'Events' add these custom fields
- Game date: calendar field with date selector, needs validation for date. format = USA: mm/dd/yyyy
- Game start time: needs to validate 12 hour AM/PM format: ie. 5:55am or 8:19pm, etc.
- Game length: text field
- Field number: text field
- Location: text field
- Home Team: dropdown field to select the home team (options from 'Team post' type)
- Away Team: dropdown field to select the away team (options from 'Team post' type)
- Final score: two number fields, labeled with the teams that are playing. This records the final score. (team names populate based on the above two fields, may need to save event first before adding the scores so we know which teams are listed).
- Stats: A table to track stats for each player. This is a table similar to the attached screen shot. It will have two tables listing each team for the event and each player on that team. For each player there is the ability to enter each stat. The stats to track are included from the plugin options page. (Similar to 'Final Score' these options will not be available until the event is initially saved, so we know which players to display in the list)
Thanks and please let me know what questions you have.