***Context & Introduction***
I am part of a small team whose mission is to help improve lives by reducing the delivered cost of energy. Ready access to high quality data is an important first step to achieving these aims; this project is aimed squarely at addressing that challenge.
We are looking to develop a database (data warehouse) to contain a large amount of historical data, which will have data added to it incrementally, approximately once every hour or day (depending on the data source) via automated processes. The scope of work consists of:
(1) database setup (table creation / structuring etc...),
(2) creation of an automated process to add real-time data from multiple sources.
The scripts from (2) will interact with multiple sources, primarily utilizing HTML:
(i) [login to view URL] (All data, as updated – approximately hourly)
(ii) [login to view URL] (All data, daily)
(iii) [login to view URL] (All data, daily)
(iv) All data from the following reports, retrievable via the dropdown menu from the following link: [login to view URL] -> ‘Current’:
a. Supply Adequacy Report (daily);
b. Supply Surplus Report (daily);
c. AS Trading – Volume Forecast (daily);
d. AIES Event Log (daily);
e. Actual Forecast (daily)
The database should contain all of the data items listed at the link above.
In order to avoid duplicate record creation the scripts should be sophisticated enough not to add data which has already been retrieved (data validation / duplicate avoidance).
(1) A means by which to receive or reconstitute the database shell (tables / structure / etc.); this can be via an SQL script.
(2) A script/daemon capable of adding new data whenever the source pages are updated, to keep each of the data streams listed above updated on the approximate time increments specified.
(3) Any pertinent instructions for the setup of the database or scripts
We would like to receive the deliverables no later than September 28th, 2018.
***What we're looking for in RFP responses***
We will be carefully reviewing all responses submitted to this request for proposals. In addition to standard demographic, credential and commercial information, it would be advantageous for you to include some content that would illustrate your initial thoughts on an approach to tackling the project.