I am Paul, I am here today to offer you this proposal for some PHP back-end development work.
We have a Laravel 5.2 project already up and running.
We wish to implement an API, so using laravel you will call upon built-in methods, OR Guzzle HTTP to make requests.
Our ideal candidate/company will:
* be proficient in 'the laravel way'
* confident at general PHP coding and styles
* test their own work
The aims of this broadly are:
1. Get shipping rates between two locations for x parcels
2. Create shipping label using a unique ID from (1)
There are 2 or 3 requests to be made to the api, each one is a simple http POST call.
1. you will obtain a shipping price from an API - we will provide credentials/endpoints
2. you will mutate the received price JSON data into a specific array format
3. return the specific array format (which we will dictate) ideally as an object but we may change spec to just an array
4. a customer can choose / select this piece of data
1. you will create a Laravel JOB class, we have a stub ready to go you just need to write the methods for it..
2. you will make methods that will then take form inputs (provided to the job as database/orm data) and push this data to the same API to raise a shipping label/booking
3. you will make one final method that can be used to pull-back a label PDF and store it in our database as base64 encoded TEXT data
- Our database exists
- Our system already functions
- We use blade for views with angular included (but the majority of this job is back-end only)
- We also own the API on a different server
- Laravel 5.2, PHP 5.6 (deployable to 5.6 or 7.0 so only use 5.6 PHP methods and Laravel 5.2 functionality)
- Do not add any new dependencies
- Our [login to view URL] is attached which shows you which libs you can use (Guzzlehttp client is on there)
- The task is effectively;
- talk to an api, get some data, change the format of that data, output it, then, talk to api in a Job which is run by a queue worker and talk to the api one more time to push some data, then pull a PDF shipping label back
Any questions please drop a message, be patient it takes some time to work through the inbox on freelancer.
Timescale wise; would like this delivering by end of the month so 8-9 days from today (31st Jan / 1st Feb is deadline). Internally we would estimate this job to take between 8 hours and 12 hours development.
Thanks for considering this proposal