We are a very small startup from Chile called Vestuá ([login to view URL]). We sell secondhand women's fashion over the internet (like [login to view URL]). So far we've been growing with a pretty decent rate and the challenges of course increase.
Our main challenge with the site is that, because we sell secondhand, each SKU is a product and the database gets big really fast. Also, because it's fashion, filters are a huge issue (because it's not that easy to cache and because there are many many brands, sizes and other attributes).
We also upload the products via another app that we created (our main logistic software), and products are uploaded throughout the day.
We have a site on Cloudways right now in a 32GB Digital Ocean SF. We are an ecommerce with:
* 60,000 products, growing around 10,000 each month (or maybe more)
* 150,000 visits / month
* Around 50 transactions each day
Right now we are facing some performance issues, possibly due to:
- server side cache not working appropiately (Varnish) due to cookies
- slowness in the app
I realized this week that the same server on Vultr Chicago has around 50ms less latency, so, I will clone the server and start in a new server on that region. We can test on that server everything and when it's done, sync and change the DNS.
More information on our stack:
- We use Faster Woo Widgets for filters
- We have over 3,000 brands and use other attributes
- The template we use is Basel (we can speak about better alternatives in case this is critical and we need to change it).
- We use Stackpath CDN which is part of Cloudways, but I think there is something wrong, because I have over 100GB of bandwitch usage every day (seems like a lot to me) and costs us $140 / month.
- We don't use Cloudflare, but are willing to try if necessary.
- Every product has, to this date, 6 attributes, possibly extensible to more in the coming months (for filtering)
- We use Scalability Pro plugin and Super Speedy Search
- We don't use Elasticsearch. I've tried using it before but never really got to configure or understand it quite right. Cloudways has Elasticsearch support on our same server.
- Cloudways has Varnish active. Right now it isn't working perfectly, because I've detected after thorough review that cookies from marketing or other services that are on my site, avoid the cache to work. I think this might be easily fixed but I haven't done so yet for lack of time
- We have New Relic (on trial period) for further debugging
- Cloudways has XDebug on their servers for PHP debugging as well
What we expect to achieve with this work:
- Getting our response time to a decent one, that is 1.5sec (via profiling, server config changes, server-side cache). You can check a slow page like our main category one here: [login to view URL]
- Configure server and database for optimal performance. We expect to reduce the server to a 16GB one
- Document all changes made in case we need to make further changes later
Happy to answer any questions, thanks!
48 фрилансеров(-а) в среднем готовы выполнить эту работу за $1127
Hola svaldesm, Thanks for giving me the opportunity to discuss your project. Our latest WordPress projects are: hairflash, [login to view URL], brabik.com. Best regards, Michael
Dear Sir/Madam, I suggest we need use third party search engine: sphinx, apache solr. Is it B2C any only your team can post products or any register seller can post products? Best regards, Bang T
I understand what is the issue. I went to site and PHP -FPM issue at server. Also need to optimize front end and back end code. I need to check load at one time so i can see what can be good RAM and CPU
Hello How are you My name is Xu as server admin and php developer i have full time and I can start to work immediately Please contact me and do let us discuss about your project Thanks for your posting