I am looking for a bright coder to take on a great and exciting challenge.
I have a 60% developed site, that I want taking to the next level. This site is the future of news. Allowing users to upload their own content, rate news from our website and across the internet, read news from across the world, and earn money for their work. Making news open and accessible to anyone.
Our dream is to make news as open as possible. If anyone can have their say and upload content, and all news is rated by fellow users, then eventually we will have an open and balanced coverage of all news.
What I want doing:
- Tidy up the original code, improve on the current design and suggest improvements to current build.
- Creation of an admin area.
- Mapped news. All uploaded news to be geo-referenced, so that it can be displayed in an amazing map visualistion.
- News upload revamp. Take the current system and give it a make-over to include: embedding, audio and video uploads, customizable layouts, and add-on choices.
- A marketplace where news content can be bought and sold.
- User profile upgrade payment system.
- New scraping. Take existing RSS feeds and begin to scrape internet wide news content for our users to then rate.
- The news rating results and rating system to be offered as an API.
- Revamped and modern security measures.
- Eventually moving towards machine learning for rating news content.
...among other things. This is a large website, that will require time and dedication from the coder. It needs to be their passion.
Please respond to this advert explaining why you are interested, any suggestions you might have and what prices you propose. And please answer 12+3 in your response.
Attached are a couple of PDFs for a base outline of the site structure, and a look at the kind of design we will follow.
Thanks for your time.