? The TL:DR;
We’re looking for a Senior PHP (Laravel) Engineer which has experience under his belt building big digital products with PHP. MongoDB experience is a big plus. This is a long-term project with the option to become permanent. You'll work with other engineers in an ongoing project for a fitness platform built with Laravel and leveraging PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
? This is for you if…
1. You’re looking for a remote, long-term position
2. You have experience (4/5 years) in PHP development with Laravel at production-level;
3. You have clear, solid first-hand experience building the backend for a big product, ideally one that processes tons of data.
5. You have hands-on experience with MySQL, Postgres with MongoDB as a big plus;
6. You’re scrappy and entrepreneurial: you’ll find solutions for problems, you’re ok with discussing best approaches and “bending the rules”. Super detailed stories aren’t your thing — but rather co-creating with others.
7. You’ve got great technical communication skills: you can articulate your thoughts clearly;
8. You have an understanding of logic, algorithms and the basics of engineering (regardless of your background);
9. You need to be curious;
10. Excellent knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services;
11. First hand production experience in designing, building and using APIs using REST / SOAP.
? This is even better if…
1. Experience with MongoDB is a big plus.
2. You’re able to work without micro-management and constant guidance, but rather can understand the high-level needs and the tasks needed and take it from there.
3. Experience with micro-services architectures;
4. You have a natural interest for Laravel and all things programming/tech — you don’t mind learning, you actually love learning.
5. You have experience in developing large-scale high-usage products that are well designed and resilient;
6. You’re able to stop, think for yourself and act.
??? What you’ll do
— Produce “clean” and well-structured code, with detailed specifications. This means that your code is commented, well structure, readable and comes with documentation (e.g. for APIs);
— Work on creating basic and advanced database architectures with Postgres and MongoDB;
— Optimise existing code to adhere to best practices;
— Optimise database for high-performance;
— Create code that has great test coverage to avoid unnecessary issues in the future;
— Collaborate with the team in all phases of the development lifecycle, including the strategy and the architecture of the systems you will eventually build;
— Understand the goals and workflow of a product so you actually build backend technology aligned with the needs of that project and that can grow with it;
— Develop and keep API documentation and other backend documentation up-to-date;
— Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality;
? What is in for you?
– An unique challenge that allows you to work on a product with high expected usage;
– Insane levels of ownership, independence and responsibility;
– Work from anywhere with our remote policy. We know sometimes the best work is done in the beach (or mountain, or… ) ?
– Continuous Training (both on site and online)
— a project where you'll be able to understand if we're a good company to work for so hopefully you can keep working with us long term