The corporate site is under development. It is Django-based with Wagtail CMS. I have multiple models (Pages models) there. The site is supposed to handle multiple languages. Each model has blocks of language-specific fields (i.e. title, title_es, title_uk, etc.).
There is an interface for tagging images and documents provided by Wagtail out-of-the box (with help of taggit package).
What I need is:
* to create the similar tagging mechanism to tag Pages handled by different models using common tag bases (the trick is that bases are to be language-specific)
* to allow page tagging by this mechanism within Wagtail editor interface, just like other fields in the page
* the solution is not required to be super-efficient in terms of speed and DB efficiency (the site load is expected to be low), but it should avoide excessive DB hits while page editing or serving.
I don't need flavours of automated tagging. It is going to be manual page tagging in Wagtail editor interface.
I will share Page model examples. The DB is SQLite.
1. I expect a developer will have an experience specifically with wagtail CMS
2. I expect the solution will be simple enough and will not require much code to be added to all models. Ideally that would be a separate class or two (somehow subclassed from taggit generic classes), responsible to handle tags, and a number of additional fields, one for each language, in every Page model that needs tagging. I experimented by myself in this direction but failed and didn't find ready solutions in docs or stackoverflow.
3. There are several django applications within the site (like home an blog), each driven by wagtail. Ideally the tag base is to be shared not only by all Page models from the same app, but also between apps.
4. I expect it is to be one day job maximum.
5. [login to view URL] from one applications is attached. You may see commented the traces of my poor tries to create common tagging mechanism there.
I have attached a screenshot from standard wagtail interface for uploaded image tagging. In short, i need the same for Page models, with a common tag base across models and applications, and allowing to have language-specific tags for each Page. The solution is to be neat enought so not boosting the amount of code I have to write to use it.