In an effort to support an ongoing implementation, we’re looking to bring on an experienced Odoo developer to join our existing team. The role is intended to be a long term opportunity to address a growing backlog of customizations and new features. Our system is currently deployed in a managed Kubernetes environment, on AWS infrastructure and communicates with legacy systems using Python Lambdas. Responsibilities will include the design, development and testing of new and existing Odoo modules, as well as the configuration, installation and maintenance of server and multi database environments.
The candidate will be expected to provide samples of recent work demonstrating solid competence in the skills listed below.
Primary - Candidate must be able to confidently:
• Communicate clearly in English using verbal and written means.
• Demonstrate excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
• Communicate with project managers and product owners.
• Collaborate with QA Testers and a development team in multiple time zones.
• Review and discuss designs/requirements and clarify questions prior to starting work.
• Build/maintain Lambdas using Python.
• Able to work on client and server side integrations, API’s and schemas.
• Able to interface with and manipulate data stored in PostgreSQL and SQL Server.
• When required, create prototypes, mockups and staging sites for QA review and feedback.
• Navigate GCP and AWS cloud environments and create compute/storage resources.
• Demonstrate ability to test, debug and generate clear documentation of code.
• Able to generate and maintain accurate Odoo reports for various departments.
• *Experience in developing Odoo mobile applications using Flutter/Dart very helpful.
Environment – Candidate will need to be comfortable within the following development environments:
• Agile methodology
• JIRA ticketing
• GitHub/BitBucket version control
• CI/CD build processes
• Containerization (Kubernetes)
• Serverless technologies
The team utilizes open source frameworks such as ReactJS and GraphQL for building tools that interface with Odoo, as well as .NET for supporting integrations with legacy resources.
• Remote work, reporting to Louisville Kentucky EST (GMT -5:00)
• Reliable broadband internet connection
• Ability to maintain regular contact with team via email, chat and scheduled video calls