We need a Python script, that executes regularely to sync Akeneo and WooCommerce.
The script should connect to Akeneo via API credentials and import to WooCommerce via API credentials.
Akeneo is the master system and WooCommerce the destination to which all products of a given channel should be in sync.
- Store Akeneo & WooCommerce API Crendetials as variable in the script
- Set a variable for a specific Akeneo channel that will be synced
- Set a variable for the Akeneo code of a root node of a Akeneo Catalogue, that will be synced
- Set a variable for the desired language that is used for syncing
- Sync master data: All categories of the given Akeneo Catalogue to WooCommerce Categories
- Sync master data: All variant attributes & options in Akeneo to WooCommerce variant attributes and values (eg. SIZE -> S,M,L,XL, ...)
- Sync simple products (no variants) from Akeneo to WooCommerce
- Sync variant products from Akeneo to WooCommerce
Syncing products (simple and vaiants) includes the following:
product name, description, sku, ean, manufacturer, sales price, retail price, date created, product is active, linked category (will match with WooCommerce Category), up to 15 images per prodcut
And additionally for variant products:
The matching WooCommerce Attribute Ids for the given variant attributes from Akeneo
The sync / import for new products should track the status code of import statements and catch error messages in a logfile.
E.g.: API status = 413, message "Some error" should be written to a logfile with the corresponding entity (e.g. SKU or ID of category, etc.)
Akeneo Community Edition 4, WordPress 5.7.2 and WooCommerce 5.3.0.
The sync script should be setup with Python 3.6. Preferred libraries beside standard libraries from Python:
Request (for all API stuff), Pandas / Numpy for datasets, WooCommerce Python API Wrapper (very convient to access WooCommerce).
Other libraries: If you know better approaches talk to us before, but we are open to this.
Setup of a demo Akeneo instance (Community version 4.0) and install the icecat database, so we have a good basis for a bunch of products to sync.
[login to view URL]
[login to view URL]
We will provide credentials of our development instance of our WooCommerce Shop that should be in sync with Akeneo.
We expect that we get access to the demo instance of Akeneo and do some changes, create new products, delete products in order to test the syncing routine.
Milestones / Project setup
20% of the total award
Setup Akeneo and initial python script that connects to both servers and establishes the connection
Additional 30% of the total award
All categories and attributes are synced. Changes in Akeneo (CRUD) will be synced to WooCommerce after running the script again
Additional 50% of the total award
All products / variant products with the specified attributes will be synced. Changes in Akeneo (CRUD) will be synced to WooCommerce after running the script again.