Project 1 Overview - Automated Python Test Suite for REST API
Your first project will be to create an automated test suite for the REST API endpoints of a new management portal. In addition to the creation of the actual tests, your focus will be selecting the tools and procedures around this automated testing as well as working with the development team to ensure the product's architecture properly lends itself to automated testing. This will lay the foundation for our future test automation efforts, so we need you to bring your best ideas to the table.
Success in this first project can lead to ongoing work.
Future projects will include
* Working with the development team to integrate continuous testing into the build pipeline.
* Creating a test plan template to be used when building test plans for all new development work.
* Designing a test status reporting system to provide high-level metrics on software quality.
As a Software QA Engineer, you will define and execute processes to create and maintain quality in our growing Amazon Web Services (AWS) automation platform. Our clients are household names, and our products and services leverage the AWS serverless stack enable them to work more seamlessly with AWS themselves.
You will guide the toolset, infrastructure, and practices used to ensure the quality of our End User Compute (EUC) automation platform, CLICK. To be successful, you must communicate effectively with your teammates, business leaders, and technical stakeholders. And, you must understand the business value and technical implications of your work.
We focus heavily on finding individuals that are a great fit for our team. Our ideal candidate connects strongly with our core values and satisfies a "Get it, Want it, Capacity to do it" (GWC) check.
We divide our core values into two sections, what's okay and what's not okay.
* What's Okay: Individuals who are proactive, innovative, honest, communicative, humble, energetic, own their work, and engaged.
* What's Not Okay: Individuals who are neglectful, passive, withhold information, complacent, arrogant, myopic, or sloppy.
A Day in the Life
The Software QA Engineer position is available remotely from anywhere, provided you have daily access to quality audio-video conferencing in a quiet work area with reliable, high-speed Internet connectivity.
Our technology profile includes:
* Atlassian - BitBucket, Jira, Confluence
* AWS - WorkSpaces, Cloud9, Lambda, API Gateway
* Frameworks - Serverless, Angular
* Communication - Slack, RingCentral
As a Software QA Engineer, you can expect the following work:
* Review technical design documents and user stories to provide feedback.
* Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases for UI, API, and Database targets.
* Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
* Build and oversee QA engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
* Develop a deep understanding of integration points with other systems and platforms within the supported features of our application.
* Evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision.
* Work with the product team to troubleshoot test failures.
* Implement automated testing.
* Participate in standup meetings.
20 фрилансеров(-а) в среднем готовы выполнить эту работу за $20/час
Hi, I already have the code ready for REST API automation testing using python( + pytest + some other library). Let's have a chat, I can show you a working demo and discuss further on this project. Thanks, Sayan