We are looking for one or more long-term developers with good Ruby on Rails experience to continue development on a live web application.
Our company has been going strong for six years. We highly prefer developers who want a stable, long-term engagement with a single company. There will be work as long as you are capable and able to complete it. You'll be joining an established team with eight seasoned and dedicated developers.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Significant Experience with Ruby on Rails 3.2..
- Knowledge and use of a MVC architecture and RESTful coding.
- Use of GIT for source code management and deploy.
- Write automated tests for all new code, using tools such as Cucumber and RSpec.
- Ensure cross-browser compatibility (Firefox, IE, Safari, Chrome).
- Some development operations experience, and an ability to support production issues.
- Experience with previous Real Estate projects is a plus.
You will work alongside other developers, who know the application well. There is a large and growing suite of automated tests, which you will help maintain and grow. All code is peer-reviewed. Everyone is responsible for their own production deploy (this part is easy).
This is a mid- to senior-level position. We are looking or someone who can jump in alongside other mid- and senior-level developers and make a real, positive impact.
This position also includes working support duty during the latter half of the USA business day. So your normal work schedule must allow for work during those hours.
Please answer the following questions.
1. How many years of ACTUAL Ruby on Rails experience do you have?
2. Please confirm you can commit to a full time assignment. Never less than 30 hours a week (except vacation). And we will be your top priority no matter what else you have going on.
3. Please confirm you can commit to working within United States Pacific time business hours.
4. Could you please provide us with your GitHub id and/or BitBucket id?
5. Are you willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement and are you willing to complete a paid test job as part of the hiring process?