- I'm trying to join a PC running Windows 2012 Server to a domain controller but it gives error.
- I have two domain controllers, one running Windows 2012 Server and the other one running Windows 2008 Server.
- I have tried all possible fixing steps, but still unable to join the PC to either domains.
- I have static IPv4 for all.
- Please, you need to fix this issue by joining the PC first to Windows 2012 Server and rejoin it to Windows 2008 Server.
Following is the error details:
The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain Controller (AD DC) for domain "[url removed, login to view]":
The error was: "DNS name does not exist."
(error code 0x0000232B RCODE_NAME_ERROR)
The query was for the SRV record for [url removed, login to view]
Common causes of this error include the following:
- The DNS SRV records required to locate a AD DC for the domain are not registered in DNS. These records are registered with a DNS server automatically when a AD DC is added to a domain. They are updated by the AD DC at set intervals. This computer is configured to use DNS servers with the following IP addresses:
- One or more of the following zones do not include delegation to its child zone:
[url removed, login to view]
. (the root zone)
5 фрилансеров(-а) в среднем готовы выполнить эту работу за $31
Hello. I am administrator with 10 years experience. I have experience with windows server from 2000 to 2012 r2 . I can help you with your issue. Looks like some DNS problems. Let me take a look via teamviewer.