This position reports to the Chief Technology Officer, and will work closely with the Enterprise Systems Architect and Network Support group, as well as 3rd party development consultants. The Systems Analyst/Developer position requires strong business skills and would be responsible for reviewing, analysing and occasionally modifying systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing to support application systems.
The position requires at least 7 years of experience in the field or in a related area. You must have a working knowledge of relational databases, web and client-server concepts, and be able to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
1. Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing Microsoft based systems.
2. Make recommendations on custom applications which include a number of MS-Access data capture systems for Stewardship and other databases which need to be moved into a central SQL repository.
3. Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
4. Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide first level support and troubleshooting of our Financial Edge and Raiser's Edge systems
5. Coordinate application development for multiple projects.
6. Assist in troubleshooting software application issues.
7. Assist in managing an outsource relationship for 3rd party application development and programming consultants.
8. Assist network administrator with application installation and testing.
9. Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
10. Analyse data contained in the corporate database and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and implement solutions.
11. Provides assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
12. Provide minor programming for some in-house IT projects.
13. Provide SQL administration in live and test environments.
14. Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.
15. Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications.
16. Verify database and data integrity.
17. Participate in weekly meetings with the IT network team to discuss progress and issues to be resolved, and report progress on a weekly basis to the CIO.
18. Participate on IT project steering committees and be involved in the design phase of any new IT software development projects.
19. Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
20. Serve as a liaison and facilitator between all business units to assist in addressing and resolving IT software issues
Please post your CV