National telecommunications audit firm is looking for a local telephone communications technician to perform on-site discovery and/or a site survey at a customer location in NEWARK, DELAWARE.
You will be dispatched to a location with an arrival time and point of contact. Prior to arrival you will be expected to contact the Task Coordinator at the home office to receive any updated instructions and/or information you will need upon arrival. You will be representing the firm in the customers eyes, so a pleasant appearance and friendly demeanor is required. You will not perform any services not called out in your task document while at the customers location and while representing the firm unless cleared by the Task Coordinator.
• While on-site you will communicate with the Task Coordinator if any issues or questions arise.
• You will be provided a worksheet detailing the services or lines you will be expected to locate and trace.
• You will be expected to test the lines or services located and determine/verify the ANI of the line and/or circuit number.
• You will be expected to determine the serviceability of these lines/services and their termination to endpoints or lack of termination.
• You will be expected to locate and photograph all entry points, demarks, MPOE’s and POP’s on the customer premise showing any phone numbers or carrier circuit numbers.
• You will be expected to contact the task coordinator upon completion of the discovery or survey AND while still on-site to discuss the findings and receive any additional instructions.
Upon completion you will be expected to return the worksheet completed with your discovery detail and any expert observations you deem relevant. Additionally, you will transmit any pictures or drawings detailing the services or lines located and the demark, 21x, MPOE to the task coordinator, a SecuriSync Dropbox will be provided for you to upload your documents and pictures.
What you will need:
At a minimum you will need general telecommunications hand tools and test equipment. Below is a list of the minimum requirements:
• General telecom hand tools (punch down tool, can wrench, screwdrivers, etc)
• Analog Butt Set
• Analog tone generator and Tracing Probe
• Smart Phone with camera and data plan
• Network cable tester capable of measuring POE (for site survey’s only)
If you are sent to a manufacturing or plant environment, you will be expected to provide any Personal Protection Equipment required and complete any local safety or facility orientation required by the local site.
Compensation will be paid upon completion and review of the work as a 1099 contractor. Upon task acceptance we will discuss an hourly rate with you for performing technical work on-site. You will also be paid 50% the hourly rate for travel time and training time while on-site.
If you are interested in performing this work, contact Steven Winter at Steve@[login to view URL] or by phone at +1 713-724-6576.
Principals Only no agents or agencies.