We are a new game studio made up of an ex-Apple and ex-Oculus game designer. We are making a 3D top-down shooter in Unity for PC/Switch, focusing on controllers as input. You would be the main Unity developer. The primary goal is to make a prototype for the game for 4-5 months.
* You’ve played a lot of top-down 3d games (or are willing to)
* You’ve worked on games before.
* You are able to rapidly bring ideas to life in Unity.
* You’re comfortable working remotely (any time zone is ok, but we are in California USA) and using Discord, Zoom, and Airtable
* You’re comfortable writing code alone, and getting code reviews at checkpoints.
* Fluent in English and an efficient communicator.
* 2-3+ years experience with C# and Unity.
* Experience architecting new games from the ground up.
* Paid per stage of work
* Flexible remote schedule / mostly asynchronous work environment
* Option for part-time or full-time work, but we need someone who can dedicate 25hours/week minimum.
We have a good understanding of what we want the game prototype to be. That said, there is always an opportunity for you to influence the direction if that is of interest. We’re looking for a Unity developer to quickly build our prototype and iterate on mechanics as we test and tweak our game design. The duration of the prototype work is 4-5 months.
Please see attached doc.