Letters Project - 2021
REQ: Qualified VBScript Developer with Database skills and Experience
We are a Global Company with many clients around the world who work in the field of transactional printing and electronic communication.
We are looking for an outstanding VBScript Developer who can develop, document and provide ongoing support for a one-off VBScript that will process a single data file.
We prefer to work with someone from the UK, but we are open to other countries so long as You have an excellent command of the English Language, both written and verbal and are able to work to tight deadlines. You must be available for Zoom meetings between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00pm GMT time zone.
You must be able to demonstrate your skills and provide samples of your work.
You will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure agreement and sign up and commit to delivery milestones and a final deadline, plus ongoing support for the project.
Because of the complexity of the supplied data, we would expect that a proprietary database would need to be created to perform complex merge and sort routines for the data extraction as follows:
• Split input file according to letter type (2 types)
• Extract letters which either contain certain “POBOX” number on address line 3
• Extract letters which are addressed to deceased
• Extract at the end of each record a summary letter for each customer based upon a supplied matrix
• Extract a report for both letter types of all records and appended to the end of the extracted data stream
1 file input
4 file outputs as per:
1 main letter (For each of the two document types) + Summary Letter (Based on matrix) + Report