Deliverable: A game authored using the new Overplay Games platform.
1. Video editing skills (You will be creating a new video specifically for use as a game from existing video you will download from the internet)
2. An Apple iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 8.0 or newer with access to the internet on which you will need to install the authoring App component.
3. A computer / laptop on which Python 3 can be installed and run.
*Pre-existing knowledge of Python not required.
4. Chrome browser to run the HTML authoring tools which will be provided.
An interest in action sports and mobile games is a plus but not required.
Overplay is a new type of mobile game made out of video. You can see what the games look like and how they work by retrieving the App from the App Store: [login to view URL]
In order to complete the game you will need to:
1. Install the Overplay Games App on an iPhone or iPod from the App store.
2. Download and install Python 3 if not already installed on your computer.
3. Download the source video from YouTube using the free 4K video downloader or similar
4. Re-edit the source video in to a shorter video specifically for the game (Edit 20 minutes to about 2 minutes)
5. Author the game from the new shorter video you created using the App and Overplay's HTML tools. No coding or tech skills are required for this.
The goal is to produce an amazingly fun game. This will primarily be accomplished by choosing the best, most exciting, most game like parts of the source video.
If the game you produce is fun and engaging, requests for additional games will follow.
Knowing how long the work will take is difficult, but it will likely require at least 4 hours of work and no more than 8.
I would love to hear more details about this project, as I have a few concerns as to the skills you mentioned and the duration. Looking forward.