We would like a web prototype to be built for our use. A successful developer will be proposed to work on future improvements of the platform therefore.
The website base should be done with Django and as much generic parts as possible. The developer is expected to propose modules and libraries to satisfy the needs before going on to integrate them.
The first project is strictly focused on functionalities. Visual design can be made of an online free theme. This project must contain:
A classical base:
- A classical landing page
- User management (registration, authentication, profile, user account)
- It must be ready to handle multiple languages
On which the main work will occur:
- Ability for authenticated users to create and load text documents linked to their accounts.
- Ability for authenticated users to manage these documents (CRUD)
- Ability for authenticated users to edit documents in a text editor page (CKeditor for example)
- The chosen online text editor must be customizable to support feature development such as insertion of meta data, injection of text, replacement of text and styling for example (this is were we expect 75% of the valuable work to occur).
The requirements will be further detailed with the candidates retained for the second round of selection.
High English proficiency is a must.
The developer should be able to work professionally, in a controlled environment. Be ready to justify your technical choices ( for example: 3 libraries considered and what lead to the final choice).
Regular progress reports will be expected as well as motivated proposals for technical choices (libraries, modules...). Strict requirements will be set to define successful delivery, including delays and financial penalties for non successful delivery. Bitbucket and other simple project management tools will be used to ease the process.
We will not be paying up front nor will we pay for a job half done. However, milestones will be set and reasonable payment will be agree for each while still retaining the bulk of payment for the final delivery. If you are uncomfortable with this, do not apply.
Looking forward to receiving the proposals from motivated serious developers or teams.