Ensure we have a “Responsive” layout optimised for viewing on smaller laptops and older desktop screens.
• Ensure we have a “Responsive” layout optimised for viewing on tablet screen size.
• Ensure we have a “Responsive” layout optimised for viewing on mobile phone
• Add plug-ins for calendars, bookings and payments as instructed
• Upload any changes to layout, the content, images, photos
• Create Sitemap
Test website rendering across the latest 2 versions of the following browsers:
• Google Chrome
• Internet Explorer/Edge
Mobile Browser Testing latest version of mobile operating systems for:
• Connect to Social Media Accounts Create XML Sitemap
• Website verification and connect to Google and Bing Webmaster and Analytics Tools
• Submit Sitemap to Google and Bing
• Run Google check for website errors
• Add code for analytics, remarking and conversation tracking where necessary
• Create Google and Bing accounts
• Configure anti-hacker settings and protocols
• Install and configure anti-SPAM protection.
Acquainted with Wordpress
WordPress is one of the most convenient and easy to use web development platforms. It is what our website is created in
Knowledge of Version Control Systems - Wordpress
There are two different version control systems in WordPress, namely SVN and GIT. If you really want to manage your website expertly, it is very important that you have a detailed knowledge of these versions. The advantage of this is that you would be able to keep a close eye on the product versions and make necessary changes while also backing up the various versions of the website.
You can learn about the version control systems from various online portals that have a documented detail of these. The best part is once you get acquainted to both the systems, you won’t find it hard to incorporate these as both the systems follow a similar logic.
Knowledge of Command Lines
Some knowledge of command lines or shortcuts to the various mundane functions can definitely minimize the number of clicks and drags you may otherwise need to work around our website. WP-CLI which enables you to manage the various WordPress installation processes and SIPS to resize an image within a matter of seconds.
Object Oriented Programming
Not looking for an expert but want you to have a fair knowledge of object oriented programming, OOP. This is to understand the structure and design of our website, and to make it easier for you to make changes to the wordpress templates as per our requirement.
Checking the errors in your command lines and codes and refreshing your browsers. Ie Prepros, Grunt, Gulp and CodeKit.
Knowing a bit about the designing process can surely help you in overcoming the various problems that may sometimes arise in the design or layout. ie color schemes, fonts and user interface are handy.