1) Migration from a physical server on-premises to cloud server.
Details- Right now, we have a box running 4 virtual machines under ESXi. One runs a Windows 2008 server with FoxPro Database and the other 3 run Windows 10Pro that we work from. The physical server is a Dell T330 with 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3-1220 v5 @3.0GHz, and 4 x 400GB SSDs configured in a hardware RAID producing 200GB, of which 85GB are in use. The files are mostly in 3 categories:
- Database (3+ GB, shared access with multiple users making frequent changes concurrently to multiple files, high-speed access required for concurrency)
- Images (11+ GB of which over half is archival. Mostly read-only access, except for original creation. Accessed occasionally, one at a time. High-speed access required only when searching or making bulk modifications. )
- Word-processing files and spreadsheets (20+ GB of which most is archival. Accessed by individual users who would each typically have 1 to 10 files open at a time. Disk access is only needed for opening each file, closing it, and periodic backup in the background.)
The most important points for a service are:
- Migrate to a Cloud based server/service.
- Lean as possible, with a shared resources server to reduce overhead cost if possible
- Security and redundancy is important
2) (Future project) Need to replace current Foxpro based custom application to SaaS based or cloud based custom inventory solution
Details- We currently use FoxPro programs for virtually every aspect of the business:
- Bookkeeping (*plan to replace with Quickbooks)
- Processing leads and quotes*
- Customer and supplier contact information*
- Invoicing* (this could be done in the software and exported to QB, or done in QB based on exported data)
- Tracking payables and receivables*
- Purchase orders*
- Database of product information
- Cross referencing products to a database of pictures and brochures
- CSV export of our product data to our websites and third party advertising
Features we would like to have with this software:
- Integrates with Quickbooks (marries our finance and inventory)
- CRM information for products
- Customizable to allow lots of different types of information on each product
- Ability to easily see/cross-reference records in one database file to related to related data files, pictures and brochures
- CSV export this data for upload on our websites and third party advertisers
- We are open to suggestions for further improvement and efficiency so long as points above are satisfied.
17 фрилансеров(-а) готовы выполнить эту работу в среднем за $44/час
Hello, I am a senior system admin and certified cloud professional with 16years experience. I can handle the migration. Looking forward to discuss. Thanks
I'm an ‘Information Technology Professional’ having the experience to manage server infrastructures including virtualization cloud EXSI setups as well as managing data center operations.