I run a popular Magic: the Gathering website and am looking for someone to help out as a content manager and editor for a series of articles I’m producing. I also own several other websites, and if you are a good fit, I’d like you to also help out with these other sites eventually.
* Manage the site’s writers to schedule article delivery and ensure they meet this schedule
* Oversee the quality of the articles submitted, ensuring that they:
-Thoroughly and exhaustively address the topic at hand, following the article outline
-Contain up-to-date information
-Are original and not copied/plagiarized
-Are the best resource available on the internet on the topic
* Format, copy edit, add media/links to, and tag the articles in the blog on Wordpress
* Keep a content status tracker up to date with expected delivery dates and completion dates for each writer’s articles.
Potential additional responsibilities (depending on your availability and skillset):
* Periodically check articles on an article maintenance template and update the outdated articles with fresh information (or hand off updates to the writers as needed)
You’ll get either a fixed fee or paid by the word per article for doing the editing and project management work and you’d get a periodic payment for the article maintenance tasks.
You must be:
* Excellent at English and have enough mastery of the language and grammar to make corrections, changes and suggestions
* Interested in Magic and familiar with the different ways to play in person and digitally and with the different formats
* Able to act independently using your own good judgement, when required
* Have a flexible schedule and be able to work on a short timeline -- Wizards of the Coast frequently acts in unpredictable ways
* Have a strong attention to detail - you’re helping to put the finishing touches on articles right before publishing!
* Have no problem learning new software as required
Software you’ll use:
* Google Docs
* Google Drive / Dropbox
If you’re interested, please answer the following questions:
* Let me know what your favorite ways to play Magic are and how long you’ve been playing
* Do you play Magic in person? On Arena? On Magic Online? (which mode(s) primarily?)
* What previous experience do you have with managing or creating online content?
* Which of the software applications/tools listed above have you used before? And in what capacity?
* Do you have any programming, design, writing, or editing experience?